Last modified: October 17, 2018
Out Commitment to Your Privacy
Personal Information We Collect
This Site collects personal information that you choose to provide, for example your name, email address and business contact details. Please do not provide information that you do not want us to have.
In addition, we may gather information about you automatically through your use of the Site, e.g., your IP address and how you navigate our Site. Centre Lane may collect information about you by using cookies, tracking pixels and other technologies (collectively, “Tools”). We may use this information to better understand, customize and improve the user experience of our websites, services and offerings. Please see “Cookies and other similar technologies” section below for further information on how we collect your personal information via such technologies on the Site.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may process your personal information via the Site to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- to respond to an inquiry and any related activity that may result from your inquiry.
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or group companies and third-party service providers who we use to support our services. We may also share your personal information where disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with legal process (such as a court order) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (b) protect our rights or property; (c) protect the interests of users of the Site, other than you, or any other person; (d) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of our services or equipment; (e) in connection with a sale or dissolution of any of our businesses; or (f) as otherwise permitted by law.
Links To Third-Party Websites
The Site is controlled and operated from the United States and is not intended to be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any country or territory other than that of the United States. If, however, you are located within the EEA, we will process your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
If you are located within the EEA, we may transfer your personal information outside of the EEA. Whenever we do so, we ensure a similar level of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer personal information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative procedures to protect the personal information you provide to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
Retention of your Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for any personal information you provide to us via the Site, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you are located within the EEA, you may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal information we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal information we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country.
Do Not Track
Cookies and other similar technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our Site to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, the Site may not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also use web analytics services such as Google Analytics that leverage Tools to help us to understand how visitors engage with and navigate our Site. Information on how Google Analytics collects and processes your data is available here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.You can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How to Contact Us About Privacy Matters
If you would like to contact us for any reason concerning our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org